
...And away we go!!!
Well, after some strong suggestions from friends and family scattered around the globe, I've decided to begin a blog to chronicle my life and times during my tenure here in sunny SoCal. April marks my 10th month in LA (wow! tempus fugit!!!) and looking back I cannot believe what changes a year can bring. Allow me to bring you up to speed...
I'm living in Hollywood in a fabulous little studio apartment that I love dearly. From my kitchen window I have a perfect view of Downtown and from the main room I can see Griffith Observatory and the Hills. This makes me very happy indeed! Acting is, of course, what brought me out here to LA, after an initial summer of nanny-ing with the McGee family...but I don't necessarily enjoy feeling like a cliche actress, and have become rather disenchanted with the industry as a whole out here. Still, not giving up! Just not by any means putting all of my eggs in one basket!
I work in Beverly Hills, one block east of Rodeo Drive at Z Gallerie, where I'm an associate manager. I love my job. I love the people I work with, the fast-paced atmosphere, and, of course, the celebrity clientele. The Khardashians, David Hasselhoff, and Kathy Griffin are included in the regulars!!
Living alone out here has its ups and downs. Of course, being the control freak that I am, I love that everything in my apartment is just how I want it to be visually, but I do miss curling up to watch a movie or tv with a roomie!! Life in the big city can be lonely! However, recently, I welcomed a new man into my life! His name is Winston, and he's a Yorkie-Poo puppy!! In fact, he is the cutest puppy in the world! He's been getting over a case of Pneumonia, and it breaks my heart everytime I hear him cough, but he's doing so much better already. It's made such a huge difference to have his little face to come home to!
Let me go ahead and tell everybody that I love having visitors out here! There's so much more to LA than the touristy everyday things that you hear about, and I love showing everyone my new home...the amazing beaches, Melrose Ave, Vienna Cafe, Runyon Canyon...all my faves! So, please, please let me know if you're ever in the area, and you will always have a place ot stay!
Well, hopefully I'm going ot be quite good about updating this thing...so, I guess check back in soon!! Love!!
Sounds like you have a great start out there, Samantha! I would love to come visit you when I save up enough money (whenever that happens. lol). I have a blog too, ya know...if you care to follow. I've moved around a little bit after college. I hope things continue to go well for you out there!
ReplyDeletehttp://danaswritingadventures.blogspot.com
Love the new blog! It's just lovely. :)
ReplyDelete